Due to the Covid-19 virus concerns and restrictions, the Camp Victory staff have made the difficult decision to cancel several weeks of camp this summer. Our current plans are to cancel the following weeks: June 1-6, June 8-13, June 15-20, and June 22-27. We know how important summer camp is to our campers and parents, so this is not a decision we made lightly or in fear. We have prayed and deliberated about this decision, and based on the current guidelines we do not feel that we will be able to start our staff training and camp weeks at the regularly scheduled date. We are hoping and praying that we will be able to hold our last four weeks of camp in July, but we are continually monitoring updates and seeking official approval for that as well. We are also implementing enhanced health and sanitation procedures to ensure the safety of campers and staff who are able to attend. Please read the following information carefully to know how to proceed.
Can I move my child’s registration to a different week in July?
We do have very limited space available in our last four weeks:
June 29-July 4 for 5th-8th grades (Girls – FULL, Boys – Available)
July 6-11 for 2nd-5th grades (Girls & Boys – Available)
July 13-18 for 3rd-6th grades (Girls & Boys – Available)
July 20-25 for 4th-7th grades (Girls – FULL, Boys – Available)
If you would like to transfer your child to one of those weeks please email or call the camp office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-898-7948) as soon as possible and give us your first and second choice options. We will attempt to transfer your child on a first come/first served basis as space allows. If the week of your choice is full, we will place your child on the waiting list and call if a spot becomes available. We recognize that this is not an ideal solution, and we ask you for your patience and understanding in this difficult situation.
What steps is Camp Victory taking to protect campers and staff?
We are currently reviewing all of our health and sanitation procedures. Some of the things we have already implemented: increased health screenings at drop off, new handwashing sinks installed by the dining hall, increased cleaning procedures for high touch areas, and more training for our staff and campers regarding good hygiene practices. We will be in contact with our local health department to review all our procedures. If your camper or a family member is in a higher risk category, we completely understand if you feel the need to preemptively cancel (see below).
What if I want to cancel my child and receive a refund?
We will provide a full refund of funds paid if you choose to cancel your child. If you paid in one installment by credit card, we will simply refund the credit card. If you paid by check or in installments by credit card, we will mail your refund. Please reply to this email confirming your child’s name, your name, and where the refund should be sent. We will begin processing those refunds May 11th. Please note that we are not able to carry over payments for next summer’s camp.
Can I donate part or all of my payment for a tax-deductible receipt?
As you probably know, a big part of Camp Victory’s income is summer camp fees so if you would like to help us with our projected income loss by donating part or all of your registration payment, please email us to confirm that. We will send a tax-deductible receipt for the amount specified.
What if Camp ends up needing to cancel all remaining weeks?
We are continually monitoring updates and seeking official guidelines from our state authorities. We will make that decision by early June and will notify parents if we do not feel that we can safely have camp. At that time the refund process will begin for all campers in the same way as stated above.
What about Teen Week campers who do not have another week option?
We know that our Teen Week campers will not be able to choose a different week because of the age limits, and many of them look forward to this week after years of coming to camp. We are tentatively discussing options to hold a short Teen Retreat during the week of July 27 after our other camp weeks have finished. Again, this will be dependent on the guidelines and restrictions that are in place closer to summer. If we feel that there is significant interest and possibility of holding this event, we will open registration for it by mid June.